Monday, May 25, 2015

Viva la Verve May week 4

Good morning crafty friends! It is memorial day today which means if
there is any day you remember those that have died to keep our country free
that it is this day. A friend and mentor of mine was killed in action
on August 14th of 2011. 1Lt Damon Leehan served his country in the 
Army National Guard. He was a family man that loved nothing 
more than to talk about his wife and his young children. Damon was also
a Radiology Technologist when we wasn't serving his country. I can
honestly say that I would not have made it through my first two semesters
of radiology school if it were not for him. His contagious smile and
excessively optimistic outlook made me feel like I really could do this job.
He was always there to lend me a hand and to make sure I took
all the necessary x-rays that I needed to pass and helped me with the difficult
ones and afterwards said, see, that wasn't so bad, knew you could do it!
Heaven gained a great one that day, if you don't mind, please say a 
quick prayer for his wife Audrey and their now 7 year old and 4 year old.

On a different note, I created this card last night whilst thinking of them.
I followed the May week 4 sketch from Viva la Verve. I am 
also entering this card into the current challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.


Enabler's List:

Paper: Teresa Collins- Memories
Stamps: Verve - New Mercies, Verve - Bloom and Grow, and Verve - Joyful Blooms
Ink: CTMH whisper
Dies: Verve - elegant leaves, Verve - Joyful Blooms and 
Nestabilities labels One and Seventeen
Misc: CTMH silver shimmer trim, Recollections doily, and CTMH sparkles


2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, very hard to make and you have created a wonderful sympathy. Love the papers you used, as well as the doily, very soft colors. Beautiful. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Cheers,
    Leanne DT
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Love the doily and all the bling. Thanks for joining in the fun at Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete